Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Blog Post (4/7/2017) | Wk.11

This week we are very close to finishing this assignment, Wednesday we worked on Inventor so that we can be ready for the Certification exam. Next week will be spring break so there won't be blogs. We have made progress on the robot and are expecting to be done as soon as we get back from the break.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday Blog Post (4/3/2017) | Wk.11

Since we finished the last assignment, we are currently working on getting the autonomous tetrahedron challenge. Though currently unsuccessful, progress is being made. We are trying to make small adjustments to the program to get the program as precise and accurate as possible. Nothing more to report

Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Blog Post (3/31/2017) | Wk.10


This week we finished the Tetrahedron Challenge. We are currently working on the next challenge, The autonomous challenge involves getting one tetrahedron on the stand automatically. This challenge will be done by programming the robot in RobotC. We have also made some minor improvements to the robot by improving the battery holders and working on some better wire management. Nothing more to report.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday Blog Post (3/27/17) | Wk. 10


This week, after completing the construction of the arm and successfully mounting it onto the squarebot, 

we are officially commencing the tetrahedron challenge, to which we will build one and then control the squarebot to lift it onto the structure shown in the photos here. Nothing else to report.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Blog Post (3/24/17) | Wk. 9


Now that the circle challenge has been completed, we have now been assigned the Tetrahedron Challenge. A new requirement in regards to our squarebot for this challenge is the construction and inclusion of a robotic arm to the chassis of our assembly in order to grab a tetrahedron prop we need to also make, so that is what we have been working on over the past week.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday Blog Post (3/20/17) | Wk.9


We have officially completed the challenge regarding the circular motion of the squarebot around two chairs. In order to have done this, we continuously altered the program we were working with to create slightly different changes in the radius of our circle, and then focused on positioning it to the same spot to create a consistent result. Needless to say, our official run worked out smoothly. Nothing else to report.